From: Mark W. Odette II [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 6:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Multiple Helper-addresses on same interface [7:52305]

IIRC, the way you make this work is to make the Ethernet interface(on
the Router) a trunk link to your switch with ISL or dot1q Vlans.  Each
VLan represents the Subnet of choice.  With this in place, you enable
routing between the vlans on the router, and then configure the IP
Helper address on the main interface of the Ethernet (this part I may be
recanting incorrectly) port.  The router will then forward DHCP requests
to the appropriate DHCP server based upon what interface the request
came from.

I don't believe the multiple IP Helper addresses config will work with
an Ethernet interface configured with a secondary address.

If I've stated in error the proper configuration process, someone will
correct me shortly.  If I AM in error, it's only because I've never had
to do it before... but have read the topic a couple of times on this
mail list.

Good Luck!

Mark