Having spend some time delving into the 3550 recently, I think I would be
careful about getting sucked in by the mystique of L3 switching, and pay at
least as much attention to a lot of the advanced L2 functionality. Things
like VLAN tunneling, RSTP, etherchannel, fallback bridging all are fairly
easy to configure once you understand the tricks, and all of them offer lots
of possibilities to the devious minds to write CCIE Lab scenarios.

The introduction of the 3550's to the CCIE Lab means it is now possible to
do end to end QoS. If Brad Ellis is correct about the IOS version in the
Lab, that means the 26xx's that are there are fully capable of ALL the nasty
QoS things I've been reading about. I sure know the switch is ready.

And never forget - Cisco says DLSw will still be tested. I've already
thought of at least one way they can use the switch to screw you.

--
TANSTAAFL
"there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"