It depends, if you are using backup interfaces then EIGRP won't bring the
line up obviously.

I suspect that you are using floating statics though, in which case, if you
just specify passive interface then no adjacency will be formed regardless
of the state of the interface. If you then specify a neighbor so it is
unicast, it will bring the line up (an keep it up) if it is defined as
interesting traffic. If it isn't seen as interesting, it will form an
adjacency when the line is up (by some other interesting traffic) which will
then break when the line goes down again.

Regards

Jon CCIE R/S
Nottingham UK.