All,
     I've been trying to obtain a greater understanding of cisco's newest
protocol enhancements technologies/mechanism - GRIP.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/grip/learn.shtml

It seems very interesting but seems to address some of the same issues
already
identified by the IETF and the various working groups.  Mainly what caught my
attention is the technologies claim to provide faster convergence times for
the Border Gateway Protocol(BGP).  Here's a link to the pdf document that
discusses a bit but really only makes note of the users(admins)
responsibility
to use existing IOS mechanisms to speed up convergence.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/grip/docs/qa.pdf

Based on my past reading of rfc's like 2918, 2439, and drafts like the
Graceful Restart Mechanism,  I couldn't find anything that identifies what
GRIP implements to assist in convergence times.   Has anyone looked at this
or
heard anything from the cisco camp on exactly what it does from the BGP
standpoint.

thanks
Nigel