True, or the other way around. The knowledge gained by the Security
specialization may help with the CCIE lab. The reason I say this is because
the R&S CCIE Written 350-001 pre-qualification exam blueprint shows
"Security" as a topic you must understand for this exam. This leads me to
believe that you may possibly be asked to configure some basic
Security-based solutions when taking the R&S CCIE lab.
Cisco states, "The Routing and Switching Lab exam tests any feature that can
be configured on the equipment in the Equipment List, except for LAT,
DECnet, Apollo, Banyan VINES, ISO CLNS, XNS, ATM LANE, X.25, and Appletalk".
Nothing is said about Security being exempt from the R&S CCIE lab.
However, I also believe that major testing of Security-based solutions would
be tested on the Security CCIE lab. Just be aware that you could possibly
see some Security on the standard R&S CCIE lab.
Shawn K.