All,

Recently I had a situation where I mistakenly loaded a configuration from a
TFTP server onto a box but that very config was already on another router.
Thus, I ran into a number of problems.  One of which was duplicare router ID
messages.  Although I had changed the loopback and all the other interfaces
on this router to what it should have been, it still saw the router ID as a
duplicate (a "show ip ospf interface" proved this).  I did two things and I
am not sure which one corrected the problem...

1) I applied "router-id xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (with the correct loop0 address) to
apply the correct router-id.

2) I performed a "clear ip ospf process 100" in an effort to bounce the ospf
process.

Which one actually fixed the problem?  Bouncing OSPF or the router ID change?

Rob