Peter Walker : [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], TISCA wrote:

> Nope, I think you got that the wrong way round.
>
> FXO looks like an analog phone.
> FXS is the interface you plug a phone into.

Peter (and others using keyswitch ITS routers),

Just to make sure I'm using the right terminology, are you referring
to ITS (IOS Telephony Service) when you mention the "keyswitch"?

Next question, assuming that we're talking about the ITS keyswitch
functionality in router images like the 2600/3600 routers (for example
the "is" image c2600-is-mz.122-11.T.bin): We want to get some analog
phones working in the ITS exercise set up at the local Cisco Academy.
Budget is limited (that's an understatement). Does Cisco make an
affordable (say, less than $100 or $200) module for our 2621 that we
can plug analog phones into, and will those analog phones communicate
with a couple of IP phones (7960, 40, 10) that will be connected
to a switch that's plugged into the 2621?

-- TIA, TT

P.S. How are preparations for the CIPT going? Do you have a CallManager
to practice with? I think that's key to the exam, actually configuring
the CCM software and using it with SoftPhone and 79XX IP phones.