Anyone know of some great shareware/freeware or low cost Network management
software.  To run on win 2000 server/desktop and analyse traffic flows and
report link state. We host multiple small business WAN's providing remote
office connectivity soutions.

HP Open View is prohibitively expensive and Cisco Works will cost the
company upwards of $2200 and at this price, my CIO would rather purchase
another 1700 router.

We are having bandwidth problems (limited bandwidth via 256k leased line).
Our ISP is implementing a Lucent AP450 QOS box as a managed solution and it
is just compounding the problem. Also, my CIO is concerned that if I
implement an IOS based SNMP solution it will add to the protocol overhead.