Hi group,

GRE tunnels (without IPSec) among three sites are required for carring PIM
Sparse Mode, EIGRP, NTP etc through public network. Someone told me that to
do so BGP has to be used as well. However, from CCO documentation site I
couldn't find out how to do it without IPSec, also I didn't find out why GRE
tunneling requires BGP for the purpose above.

I didn't go across GRE tunneling before. Would anyone who did it before
please give me a hint on this topic? Or any book that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

http://webmail.netscape.com/