I failed it badly unlike the CCNP where I got close to 100% on one test.

I read 2 of the newer ccie cert books (not the new cisco press one)
and I also got the boson 3 test.

The boson ccie 3 test has the best representation of the material but
it is not a book so it only cover its test.  He does have links
to cisco doc but if that were easy to read nobody would sell books.

Big problem is that you only learn what is in the question.  For
example you may learn what NBAR is but not what you do to configure it   The
boson test is still missing complete parts of the blueprint
or covers them too lightly.

Going back now and looking at the blueprint all the stuff I did not
have a clue on was in their unfortuantly there is no book that has
all that stuff in it.  If you look at the blueprint you will find
things that are only in the 12.1 code levels.

Even the newest book from cisco press does not appear to have
everything when you compare the blueprint and the contents.

It does not even mention the QoS stuff which is a major section
in the blueprint and even the sample chapter they let you look
at the contents for the switching does not even cover what is
refered to as SECURITY in the blueprint.  It also does not
cover what is refered to as mutliservies other than MPLS.

This is really bad when the most current book that is supose to
cover this test does not even cover the blueprint.

Guess my plan is to back reread the chapters in the doyle books
to try to get 100% on the routing to make up for all the stuff that is
hard to get doc on.  Then it a matter of tring to figure out
which cisco things to read.  I at least have a clue since I paid them
my $300 for my education.

There is one field on the test results called pratical that does
not have a coresponding entry in the blueprint not sure what that is.

Make sure you look at least look at all the stuff that is on the blueprint
and try to find sample configs so you know what they look
like.