He will see broadcast traffic, multicast traffic, and unknown unicast
traffic.  If a switch is not aware of the destination it will flood the
traffic out all switch ports.

John

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  9/11/02
7:09:05 AM >>>
Greetings all,

I have a user connected to a WS-C5500 switch running 4.2(1) software.
The user was running a monitoring software when he noticed unicast
traffic destined to a different IP address being captured on his
machine.  All traffic he's seeing are in the same vlan he is, nothing
from other vlans.  Any of you guys seen this before?  He only should
see
broadcast and multicast traffic, right?

Thanks...............Nabil

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."