I have implemented a new search engine for this list and need help beta
testing it.  The search engine is a huge improvement over our previous
engine (i.e. it works!).  I have configured the engine to only index the
body of the message, and not index any copied replies.  Plus I added the
capability to search by author and subject.  Finally I added a switch
that allows you to filter message replies.

To access the beta engine go to http://www.groupstudy.com/cgi-bin/search

The usual search engine terms apply.  So a query that says BGP and OSPF
will find all messages that contain BGP and OSPF.  If you want to search
by phrase you simply add quotes around the phrase.  You may select to
only search by subject or author via a radio button.  Here are some

To find all messages by Howard on BGP:

Set the radio to Title & Body and query:
BGP Author="Berkowitz"

To find only replies to messages about Split Horizons:
"split horizons" Reply="Y"

To search deleting replies:
"split horizons" Reply="N"

I would like to thank Carlos Mendioroz for suggesting this software.
Please send me any bug reports and remember I am still working on it so
expect occasional down-time.

Paul Borghese