Hey guys, had a quick question on the PIX FW.

When implementing a DMZ what would be the tangible benefit of using the
traditional:
NAT outside to DMZ inside, create ACLs. As opposed to making a NAT 0
statement in the firewall?

Either way you are going to be using ACL's on the firewall to permit/deny
traffic? Either way the server that you want "exposed" is going to be on a
different VLAN?

The only thing that I can think of is if you have say, a limited # of IP's
on the outside (I know we all do) but more in the range of 1 External IP and
you had 5 machines on the inside, running different services (FTP, WWW, SSH)
whatever, then you would need to do the traditional DMZ, and NAT back.

Does putting the NAT 0 statement disable the firewall from doing fix-ups to
the NAT0'ed address? I just don't see the need for the traditional way of
DMZ'ing if NAT 0 is going to accomplish the same thing without all the extra
configuration.

Comments? Just trying to get a grip on it.