Alfredo, Voice gurus

I presently have aaa enabled on my gatekeeper and gateways, with a radius
server for authentication, authorisation and accounting. All's kosher, no
issues.

Now, I imagine how useful the option:

security password xyz level all

and

security token required-for all

on the gateway and gatekeeper respectively can be if where I want CPE
gateways to authenticate not only for registration but also per call.

I imagine I can remove aaa for a gateway, define xyz password on the radius
server for the gateway, enter above commands and have  gatekeeper
authenticate gateway for registration, authorize it, and send accounting
info for all calls to radius server, and hence eliminate radius traffic
between each gateway and radius server.

So I enter on the gatekeeper "security token required-for all" and on the
gateway "security password xyz level all". I however could not register the
gateway to the gatekeeper.

I will appreciate pointers from anybody.

TIA