Hi Fayyaz,

Thanks a lot for the information which u have given.

While going through the Cisco Site, I was reading about
Cisco RPM.Will Cisco RPM help or any one has tried the
same?
By upgrading the Cisco IOS will i be able to collect the
digits on the Analog Modems with the help og Cisco RPM?

Is there any other alternative meathod with the same setup.

Regards....Anil
--- Fayyaz Ahmed  wrote:
> Hi Anil,
>
> what you want to do is not possible with your current
> hardware. Cisco
> support caller ID on none of the analog modem products:
> neither the WIC-AM
> nor the NM-AM.  The problem is that cisco analog modems,
> (WIC-1AM, WIC-2AM,
> NM-8AM, and NM-16AM) have no way to collect the caller ID
> information and
> pass it to IOS for processing.
> You can screen by phone number using ISDN using the
> 'dialer caller' command.
> The reason it works with ISDN is that the call setup
> message includes the
> caller ID information. Unfortunatly the analog modems do
> not support caller
> ID, so we will be unable to collect the digits from the
> switch.
> I guess an alternate setup for caller ID authentication
> would be to replace
> the analog modem with a NM-6DM (6 Digital modems) and a
> ISDN network module,
> which would support CLID/ANI (if presented to us by the
> switch.). This would
> allow the ISDN switch to pass caller ID to the router.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Fayyaz

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====