I have a server which always has problem mapping to other PC across the WAN
(other branch network).  But it works after I ping to overseas PC (as shown
below).  Do you know what might be the problem.  My other server don't have
this problem and it is still the same after I switch it to another switch
port.

C:\>net use * \\w2k01\c$

System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

C:\>net use * \\100.100.100.19\c$

System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

C:\>ping w2k01

Pinging w2k01 [100.100.100.19] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

C:\>net use * \\100.100.100.19\c$

Drive G: is now connected to \\100.100.100.19\c$.

The command completed successfully.

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.