From: mike greenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How to make real player from outside to contact real
[7:53586]

Ok, the solution is very simple one.  I know this will work because I
running my
RealPlayer Helix Universal Streaming Server version 9.0.1 on my Linux box
behind
a Pix firewall.  The linux box has an RFC 1918 address (192.168.1.100)
sitting on
the DMZ network (192.168.1.254 is IP address of the DMZ interface on the
PIX).
The 192.168.1.100 is NATed to the public with 199.0.56.293
On the pix firewall:
static (inside,dmz) 199.0.56.293 192.168.1.100
access-list 100 permit tcp any host 199.0.56.293 eq 8080 (if http is running
on here)
access-list 100 permit tcp any host 199.0.56.293 eq 7070
access-list 100 permit udp any host 199.0.56.293 eq 554

access-list 100 permit tcp any host 199.0.56.293 eq 9090 (monitor only)

access-group 100 in interface outside

Now, since the actual streaming server is behind the Pix firewall, you will
have to

modify the streaming server configuration file to make it work.  Add the
following

line to the rmserver.cfg file:

Restart the streaming server.  Now from one of the workstation on the
outside Pix

firewall, fireup RealPlayer and put the following in the URL:

rtsp://199.0.56.293:554/sex.mpg

It will work.... You can make it work from clicking the link in the web
browser;

however, I don't have to go over it here.

Enjoy!!!!

Now, this is something a CCIE doesn't know how to fix.

Mike

 "Magdy H. Ibrahim" wrote:Hi All,

I have a client wants to create Real server behind Pix firewall and I am
trying to make the outside real player to contact the inside server but I
failed..
Is there any extra commands more than the following commands on the PIX to
allow the ourside clients to communicate with the inside server??
Please advise help me....

the PIX configuration.....
fixup protocol ftp 21
fixup protocol http 80