Ryan,
If I understand your question, then I think I may be able to help.
I believe what it means when it talks about caching flows, is that it caches
the information about the flow -- particularly the path the flow will take.
This makes it so the layer 2 portion of the switch doesn't have to send
every packet to the router to make the layer 3 decision to route the packet.
The basic process for MLS is like this.  A stream of data comes into the
router interface that is destined for a network other than the one it came
in on, another VLAN.  The switch sends the first packet in the flow to the
MSFC (in the case of the 6500) to determine the path that should be taken to
the remote network.  The MSFC figures out how it should get to the remote
network, sends the information to the switch, and the rest of the packets
are switched using the information provided by the MSFC.  Depending on the
flow mask used, the next flow that comes through with the same destination
address, may be able to be fast-switched (hope I used the right term)
directly to the destination in question.
Did I answer your question?  Hope I have helped.

""Newell Ryan D SrA 18 CS/SCBT""  wrote in
message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...