On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Ken Diliberto wrote:

> Has anyone configured VPN services on a 3600 to accept connections from
> a Windows box?  I've been experimenting with it and am ready to look for
> a hammer.  :-)

I do it on 2600's and it works a treat :)

Where are you getting stuck? A few things I got stuck on were:

- You can't do encryption under Windows without using CHAP. Because the
conneciton authenticates before starting encryption, this makes sense.

- You probably need a RADIUS server to setup the MPPE keys for the
session. I use Radiator with the 'AutoMPPEKeys' command under our default
Handler.

The following config should help. The RADIUS server assigns an IP address,
hence the lack of an IP pool on the Virtual-Template.

vpdn enable
!
vpdn-group PPtPClient
! Default PPTP VPDN group
 accept-dialin
  protocol pptp
  virtual-template 1

interface Virtual-Template1
 description Incoming PPtP Client
 ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0
 no peer default ip address
 ppp encrypt mppe auto required
 ppp authentication ms-chap chap

Rgds,

- I.

--
Ian Henderson CCNA, CCNP
Senior Network Engineer, Chime Communications