Hi All,

I am setting up a site-to-site VPN between 2 LANs using Cisco IOS VPN (Cisco
2600 routers).  I could get the tunnel up and running between the two LANs
with IPSec over GRE so that I can run EIGRP.  Data transfer between 2 LANs
across the tunnel looks OK, and all dynamic routes learned with EIGRP.
However, a problem come up when I put a Proxy Server on the first LAN and
force Internet traffic from workstations from the second LAN to go out with
this Proxy server.  Workstations from the second LAN could browse Internet
across the tunnel to reach the Proxy server then hit the Internet; however,
the performance is very poor (seem like browsing over a 56k modem).  I am
thinking this may be because of fragmentation on the 2 routers.  Is there
any work around for this issue?  If MTU size needs to be adjusted, what
would be the ideal MTU size for IPSec over GRE tunnel in "tunnel" mode?
Again, thank you All for the help!

Thomas N.