Mark,

Actually, the 'break disabled' is the default setting.  It means that
after rommon passes control to the IOS, you can't issue a break to get
back to rommon.  You can always issue the break before control is passed
to IOS, regardless of this setting.

If you turn this setting off, you can send a break at any time to get to
rommon -- even after the router is up and running.  This can be a Very
Bad Thing (tm), especially if you leave something connected to the
console port all the time.

Thanks,
Shawn

--