From: Newell Ryan D SrA 18 CS/SCBT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10/4/02 7:17 AM
Subject: Three 24 Gbps Switching Engines at 18 Mpps (Layer2)!?! [7:54833]

What does this mean. I was looking at table 21-112. The difference
between
supervisor engine I and supervisor engine II is that the I has 24 Gbps
switching engine and the
II has three 24 Gbps. Yet the pps remains the same(18Mpps). Is there a
direct correlation between the switching fabric and the switching
throughput. If there is reading online that would be great.
Here is the link I was referring to.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/ca4000.htm

Ryan Newell