in line ( like the skates ) below

--

""""Kerpal.Abdar""""  wrote in message
> Hi All, I am in need of some help.  Can anyone tell me what "drops" mean
when
> I issue a "show interface" on a Cisco router?  Is this something bad and
if
> so
> what can I do to fix it?
>

> Serial0/0 is up, line protocol is up
>   Hardware is DSCC4 with integrated T1 CSU/DSU
>   MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1536 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
>      reliability 255/255, txload 18/255, rxload 64/255
>   Encapsulation FRAME-RELAY IETF, loopback not set
>   Keepalive set (10 sec)
>   LMI enq sent  145889, LMI stat recvd 145889, LMI upd recvd 0, DTE LMI up
>   LMI enq recvd 0, LMI stat sent  0, LMI upd sent  0
>   LMI DLCI 0  LMI type is ANSI Annex D  frame relay DTE
>   Broadcast queue 0/64, broadcasts sent/dropped 0/0, interface broadcasts
0
>   Last input 00:00:03, output 00:00:04, output hang never
>   Last clearing of "show interface" counters 2w2d
>   Queueing strategy: fifo
>   Output queue 0/40, 516 drops; input queue 0/75, 999 drops

CL: it means that your buffers are overflowing and therefore dropping
packets. not a lot. and to judge from your traffic, it's no big deal.

CL: what you may want to do is issue a "clear counters" cokmmand, and then
periodically check, and maybe keep a chart. I can't tell from the output
here over how long a period of time this has been happening.