You can use sniffer with appropiate POD to tap a
Serial line (PPP, HDLC, Frame, etc). This costs $
though. Theres other vendors with similar products
(agilent, etc).

If your looking to monitor terminal (reverse telnet
like traffic) theres a async monitor command starting
with 12.2(4)T or 8T if I recall. Haven't used it
myself though but you can also sniff this traffic with
a ethernet sniffer as it's telnet and in the clear.

--- Hamid Ali Asgari  wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I am looking for a solution to monitor/sniff the
> traffic on Serial/Async
> ports.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated,
>
> Hamid