I just lost a major reply that I had composed due to a computer lockup. So
shorter reply this time.
The static route that your European router has is correct as it is. It takes
all traffic for which it doesn't have an explicit route and passes it out to
the Internet. I'm assuming that the ip address 1.2.3.4 is a valid address of
an interface on your European ISPs router. So all traffic to the Internet
from your European office goes to their local European ISP.
Look at the syntax of a static route.
Destination network, netmask to determine what bits identify the network,
egress port. The first 0.0.0.0 means all networks. The second 0.0.0.0 means
all hosts. 1.2.3.4 seems to be your European ISP. ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
1.2.3.4 is a good default route.
If you were to use 172.29.30.0 255.255.255.0 1.2.3.4 you would be telling
your router to find its LAN network out on the Internet. The router knows
better. It already has that network shown as directly connected. Do a "show
ip route" to verify.
Your statement that "However, it has been configured for all Europe internet
traffic to be routed through U.S. office ..." doesn't agree with the
configuration. Access-list 100 would have to send all traffic over the VPN.
It doesn't.

To verify that, check the path that traffic to the Internet takes from your
remote office. From the DOS Prompt of a European PC ping a web site such as
Cisco. ping cisco.com. You should get a reply like 198.133.219.25. Again
from the DOS Prompt do a tracert to that address. It should display the
intermediate routers. I'll bet that traffic from Europe goes out that router
to the local ISP.

No time to repeat my lost sermon on named access-lists.
Access-list 100 defines traffic that is allowed to traverse the VPN.
Access-list 101 specifies that traffic bound for the VPN tunnel should not
be NATed. All other traffic (to the ip nat outside interface (usually
Internet)) should be NATed.
For every permit statement in 100 there should be a corresponding deny in
101. 101 in addition then permits all other destinations.

Here's a tutorial on access-lists http://www.nwc.com/907/907ws1.html

Be extremely careful about changing access-lists in the European router. If
you edit 100 you will take the VPN down. Not good if you are connected via
that VPN. Telnet to the 217.x.x.x interface of the European router from your
local router.
Consider using the "reload in" command. I've mentioned it previously. Look
it up in the Cisco documentation on www.cisco.com

The Firewall feature set can be used on a router with NAT and with VPNs. Not
trivial.

It would be good to remove the "ip http server" line.

Let us know your progress.

May I suggest that you purchase a few books. You may only need a small bit
of it; but "Routing TCP/IP Vol 1" by Jeff Doyle is a classic. "Cisco Access
Lists Field Guide" by Held and Hundley is quite good. It's also all on CCO -
you just have to find it. Start under Service and Support and go to the TAC
page. Look under each major area. Drill down just to see what's there.