My guess is because the forwarding is done in hardware, the PFC.  You
will also notice that if you do a large file transfer for example and do
a sh int vlan x you will not see the input/output counters register any
traffic.

  Dave

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer." --Winston
Churchill