From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
MADMAN
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 12:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ATM and Frame Relay interworking [7:53414]

Yes the service provider provides the magic, you simply configure the
frame and ATM as you normally would, the provider will provide which
vpi/vci maps to which DLCI.

  FRF8 provides a mechanism for relaying link status from frame to ATM
and vis-versa but it not not always implemented by all vendors:(

  Dave

Ben W wrote:

> We have a number of these ATM/Frame PVCs also.  From what our vendor told
> us, the packets are migrated from ATM to Frame, or vise versa, on the
> vendors network.  We have seen some latency that the vendor tells us is an
> effect of the packets hopping from ATM to Frame or Frame to ATM.
Otherwise
--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer." --Winston
Churchill