Hi
A DLSW backup peer question if anyone would care to clarify this:

      |>>>>>>(BACKUP)>>R2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|
R1   R3
      |>>>>>>>(primary)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|

I have this DLSW scenario:
R1 can reach R3 via the primary path. I have made my IP routing
so that R1 can reach r2 and r2 can reach r3 on the back up path,
but R1 cannot reach R3 across the whole back up path (because of
the way certain routes are being redistributed).
Anyway, I break the primary link (R1-R3) and the backup kicks in,
so R1 peers with r2. R2 knows all about the netbios stations behind
R3, but no 'official' dlsw connection is active between R2-R3 once the
backup comes in. I looked at the configs on the cisco website and other
examples, there is nothing wrong with my actual configs I dont think.
My logic tells me that there should be a session between r2-r3 and
r2-r1. I can 'force' R2 and R3 establish a connection by adding
remote peer statements on both routers (I tried it and it worked), but of
all the sample configs I looked at none of them had the remote peer
statements on R2/3 equivalent.
Is this normal?

R1
dlsw local-peer peer-id 200.1.1.1
dlsw remote-peer 0 tcp 12.1.1.1
dlsw remote-peer 0 tcp 100.1.1.1 backup-peer 12.1.1.1 linger 5
dlsw bridge-group 1

R2
dlsw local-peer peer-id 100.1.1.1 promiscuous
dlsw bridge-group 1

R3
dlsw local-peer peer-id 12.1.1.1 promiscuous
dlsw bridge-group 1