On all catalyst switches the vlan interface will not come up until there
are ports assigned to the vlan and the ports are up.  It will also come
up if there is an operating trunk

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
John Brandis
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 10:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: interface vlan 1 amdin up, line prot down [7:55327]

Hi,

Took delivery of my new 4006 just today, with a sup III, 48 port 10/100,
20
port GBIC blade. and 2 other 10/100 blades.

My issue at the moment is that when

int vlan 2
ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0
no shut

int vlan 3
ip address 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0
no shut

and so on

I see the vlan interfaces as still down. I thought I was doing something
wrog, so I went back and tried it via

vlan database
vlan 2 name servers

vlan 3 name people

Still I dont see the VLAN INterfaces as up. I know I am missing
something
very simple here, can some one point it out ?

Thanks

John
Sydney, Australia

visit http://www.solution6.com

UK Customers - http://www.solution6.co.uk

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is
confidential to Solution 6. If you are not the intended recipient you
cannot
use, distribute or copy the message or attachments.  In such a case,
please
notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of
the
message and attachments.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in
this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business
of
Solution 6 are neither given nor endorsed by it.