Have you observed any problems with long lived tcp sessions besides this bgp
session?(Of course that'd be for sessions not dependant upon the routes
learned/announced via the troublesome session)

Have you looked to see if the link state changing(rapidly) and causing the
bgp session to be dropped?  Specifically fast fall over on link failure.

Does the problem have to do with the sent/recieved routes on either side
interfering with bgp's tcp session?  If you've got multihop then there
should be some nailed up routes to support the bgp session.

Good Luck, Darrell

http://www.hayaitacos.net