I'd agree.  Even if he's raised the IP Precedence of the VoIP traffic WFQ
isn't the best choice.  LLQ is the way to go.

There may also be problems with the vendor equipment.  Nortel, as an
example, has an issue with their ITG-2 product that causes it to use up more
bandwidth than is necessary, but that's only in certain call transfer or
conference situations, or if you're using centralized voice mail. In a
nutshell, it's easy to get redundant call paths that could be dropped but
they aren't so they use up bandwidth and increase the total latency
unnecessarily.

John

""Steven A. Ridder""  wrote in message
> LLQ would be his best option, not WFQ.  If he is using it, that's probably
> his issue.
>
> --
>
> RFC 1149 Compliant.
>

> ""lamb stephen""  wrote in message
> > Group,
> >    Hoping that someone can help me out with a VoIP QoS issue that I am
> > currently dealing with. I work for a service provider, and I am
currently
> > troubleshooting a VoIP over frame relay quality complaint. My end user
has
> > 768K host with four 256K drops dedicated solely to VoIP traffic. My
> customer
> > states that he experiences intermittent jitter on his calls, but they
> follow
> > no real pattern. We have had his vendor place test calls, and sometimes
7
> > simultaneous calls can
> > go through fine while 3 simultaneous calls will experience poor call
> quality
> > and excessive jitter. The end user's vendor is of no real help with this
> > issue stating that his configurations are fine and the trouble must be
> with
> > the WAN link.
> >    I have verified that the entire network is clean, no T1 performance
> > monitor errors , no input errors on the customer's serial interfaces,
and
> no
> > input errors to my frame switch. No apparent utilization issues, the
host
> > averaged 50% port utilization during a 24 hour sniff. We have also
> verified
> > the drops are not receiving any FECNs or BECNs. I have a copy of the
> > customer's router
> > configurations and his map-class statements appear to be correct as
well.
> > His CIR and MINCIR are set to match the frame relay PVC CIR in my
network
> > (which I believe means that he has configured the statements to prevent
> any
> > bursting, please correct me if I am wrong).
> >    On to my question. The only discrepancy I find with this customer's
> > configuration is his queuing. On all four of his drop routers he has
> > configured WFQ, on his host he has no queuing specified. Could this be
the
> > cause of all of his problems? Would WFQ be the most desirable method?
What