We have an ATM connection between two directly connected sites (RTR A & RTR
B) which while pinging drops every other ping as if there is an alternate
route (!.!.!.!.!).  We have an additional connection between these two sites
using Frame Relay.  Issuing show IP route on both routers shows the route
known via "connected", distance 0, metric 0 (connected, via interface).  We
are using EIGRP as the routing protocol.
Traceroute takes only the one hop which is the directly connected
interface.  If the ping is sourced from any other interface on either router
to the ATM interface it completes successfully (!!!!!!!).
The only difference in the configuration of the interfaces is "IP route
distributed" and the queuing FIFO on RTR A.  RTR B is using per PV queuing.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.  Gregory

ATM 1/0.100 192.168.1.1                 ATM 1/1/0.100 192.168.1.2
S1/0.17                                 H1/1/0.136
FIFO queuing                            Per VC queuing
IP route distributed