Hi everybody. I was wondering if I could get some clarity on this issue.
Cisco says:

'Between September 1, 2002 and November 4th, 2002 all CCIE labs will replace
the current Catalyst 5000 switches with Catalyst 3550 switches. However, the
only switching features tested during this time will be those common to both
devices - additional features on the Catalyst 3550 will only be tested
beginning November 4th, 2002.'

There is a slight ambiguity (or is it just me?) about the wording. Someone
on ebay, and I have heard it from some other quarters (Ok probably rumours),
say that the 3550's are being brought into the lab on the 1st September.
Cisco says 'between the 9/01 and 11/04 we could expect to see the 3550'.
This is not semantics to me, I do the lab at the end of October; in terms of
the wording I could actually still get a 5000? Configured it once, is it
worthwhile learning it just for this lab?

Another question, if they say features common to both devices, would a 3550
LMI suffice me for now?
I would appreciate any advice or any feedback on the lab.