Cisco guys/gals..  I am unix person and have a question about candidate
default route with RIP (shh I know its bad)

I have 2 Unix boxes with 2 NICs in each box... The outside NICs have
internet connectivity..  The internal NICs are running routed with a cisco
router...  Both unix boxes are advertising as a default gateway.

The Cisco routing tables shows both default routes with one being a
candidate default route...  If one Unix box would happen to fail (not
likely) cisco then uses the candidate default route.... after all the mombo
jumbo RIP stuff....

Can somebody explain the election or selection or determining factor on how
Cisco chooses a candidate default route with RIP...  In this case all
factors are equal except one IP address is .10 and the other is .20