Thank you for the response. I thought perhaps I was going crazy (not
that I'm not already) because I couldn't find anything.

-----Original Message-----
From: Priscilla Oppenheimer [mailto:nobody@;groupstudy.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 7:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: CCDA beta exam topic ECNM [7:55829]

Andy Barkl wrote:

> The new CCDA beta exam lists many new topics including;
> applying design solutions using the Enterprise Composite
> Network Model (ECNM).

I've never heard of such a model. I don't think it's an
industry-standard
model.

> I'm having difficulty locating anything on CCO and wonder if
> anyone can offer alternative locations or resources?

I couldn't find anything either. Hmm. Doesn't bode well for the beta. It
sounds like you would have to have access to the beta class to pass the
beta
test. That's not good. The old CCDA was passable by someone with design
experience even if they didn't know Cisco made-up marketing terms. And I
think that was a good thing. :-)

Also, the old class taught design methods that could be applied
regardless
of new marketing "solutions." The new approach may be more cookbook or
based
on specific models, which I think would be unfortunate. If you read most
descriptions of specific models, they say "this may not work for your
network." It's better to teach methods that will work for any network.

Back to the so-called Enterprise Composite Network Model, my guess is
that
it has something to do with Cisco's SAFE security blueprint. There's
more
info here:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/largeent/issues/security/safe.html

Good luck!