You are correct in that if you loose a link the traffic will be
transmitted over another link in the channel.  Differant platforms do
this differantly but the gist of it is Cisco uses part of the
source/destination MAC addresses and performs a hash and the results of
this algorithm dictate the link that traffice will traverse.

  Dave

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer." --Winston
Churchill