Depends on the frame switch, I think.
I asked our telco about this as well (quite a while ago), and they said that
on entry to the "cloud", they automatically reset any DE bits set.
So either way, your scheme isn't likely to work, but how much of a negative
effect it has will depend on whether your telco drops entering DE packets or
just resets the DE bits.

JMcL