1- Pre-standard implementation of  MPLS on IOS platforms was called tag
switching. All configuration, debugging, and monitoring commands used to
configure MPLS on IOS therefore used the tag-switching keyword

 2- " tag-switching ip " appears in the configuration even when you type
" mpls ip ". This is for

backward compatability with older IOS versions incase you needed to
downgrade the version for any reason.

3- tag-switching default is TDP, while MPLS is LDP ( you can change this
if u want ).

4- tag-switching is Cisco propriarity while MPLS is the IETF standard.

Other than that commands can be used interchangable.

Regards,

Yasser

>From: "Dennis Laganiere" > >Does anybody know the differences between
the the interface commands >"tag-switching ip" and "mpls ip" (or better
yet, have a good URL for it)? On >both my 2610 and 2500's, when I enter
the "mpls ip" command, the >"tag-switching ip" command appears in my
configuration. > >I've been through both of my MPLS books and haven't
seen how they differ... > >Thanks... > >--- Dennis > > > > >Message
Posted at: >http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=56368&t=56368
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]