In Windows 2000/NT, it allows to assign multiple  IP addresses to a single
NIC Card.  Whether you can assign multiple ip addresses from the same subnet
orfrom  the  different Subnets.  My question is what is the advantage of
assigning (2) IP addresses to the same NIC card.  If we do that with (2)NIC
cards, then it is understandable that you are making your Server
Multihomed/Router, but what is the advantage of assigning (2) ip addresses
to the same card besides in Web Servers to run multiple websites through
Server. I know somebody is doing that to connect (2) subnets to Cisco
routers.  The guy has assignedan ip address 192.168.10.10/24 to a W2K's NIC
Card, and in the same NIC card he has assigned a logical IPaddress
192.168.40.5/24.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com