> I hear cisco is doing away with set based.
> Apparently the ccie lab includes
> two 3550's which are IOS based.  Whoever told
> me this said cisco bought the
> set based system and created IOS themselves, so
> the plan is to do away with
> set based and go completely with their own
> stuff.
> All that may be wrong, just what I heard.

This is correct.  Remember that the Catalyst switch line was originally made
by Kalpana (and Grand Junction sort of), which developed the set-based
commands independently of any Cisco involvement.  Cisco wisely realizes that
having a "unified front" makes their products more attractive to us lowly
engineers, and IMO the unification is a long time coming! ;-)

BJ