Hi

 I am using IOS 12.2 . and have a query on BGP operation therein

 I configure private AS numbers to be removed towards an EBGP

neighbor. A peer group is also configured though it does not have

private AS number removal configured.

When this neighbor is brought into the peer group,  features

like localAS get reset( i.e the neighbor's properties get lost and it

takes whatever properties the peer group has. )

However the private AS number removal for the neighbor does not

changed but it is RETAINED for that neighbor. ANY special reasons

for this behavior ( in case of private AS number removal).

Another anamoly which seems to exist is that if we have change

the AS number of the peer group and make this an internal peer group

even then the removal private AS number for that neighbor remains

set , though it is not supposed to be set for IBGP neighbors ? Is this a

bug ?

- srivatsan