I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issues as we are having
at work. We have about 20 remote sites and are in the middle of a conversion
from 3com equipment to Cisco. Most of the sites we upgrade are getting a
Cisco Catalyst 2950 or 3550 switch. A pattern seems to be forming in that
after every site that is upgraded, a laptop user who bounces around from
site to site, cannot login because it won't let go of their ip address from
the last site they were at. No one has this problem at the remaining 3com
switch sites. At first I thought it was coincidence, but now its clear that
it happens at sites we change to cisco switches. I have enabled portfast on
all the switchports that are used for workstation access. This has
alleviated some of the problems with laptop users, but others still have
difficulty. Most users are using Dell laptops with Xircom network/modem
combo card. I thought for sure portfast would cure the issue, but it has
not. Anyone else have any experience, thoughts, or ideas?