BTW.   It is not SECONDARY as I have stated. It is the ALT keyword not
secondary. My previous post should read:

        interface vlan 2
        ip add x.x.x.x x.x.x.x ALT ip add x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
        standby ip x.x.x.x ALT standby ip x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

        interface flexwan(ATM0)
ip add x.x.x.x x.x.x.x ALT ip add x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

This lets you configure everything on the active MSFC. The secondary MSFC is
assigned the parameters to the right of ALT.  I do not know if this is SRM
or single router mode that Joe is speaking of. I assumed it was.