Mr. Joshua,

        This looks like a bug I'm working with:

"Anyway, the issue might be related to the middle buffer "not populating"
and there is a bug which was open for the similar issue
(should be fixed in later IOS versions): CSCdx15857 (Buffer Failure). You
couldn't change the middle buffers because of the same bug.
In order to fix the issue you should upgrade the IOS but prior of doing this
you would probably need to consult your Cisco NSA/SE."

That came from a TAC guy I'm working with.  He's telling me the 12.1.13E
code will fix that problem, where you can't even configure medium buffers.
Keep in mind that buffers use RAM, so occasionally do a 'sh mem' and make
sure your 2 pools aren't running low.  I'd install that code, and then run
it for a few days.  After that, set your permanent buffers to between 50 and
75% of what the peak was for that particular pool.  Set the max to maybe 100
more than the permanent.  So for below I'd start out with:

buff sma per 750
buff sma max 850
buff med per 75
buff med max 150
buff mid per 300
buff mid max 400
buff big per 600
buff big max 700
buff very per 20
(use default for very max)
buff large per 10
buff large max 25
buff huge per 10
buff huge max 20

Paste these in, see how it goes.  Good luck.

Chuck Church
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Sr. Network Engineer
Magnacom Technologies