Paulo Roque wrote:

> It4s exactly that kind of task I want to avoid !
>
> Paulo
>
> ""Georgescu, Aurelian""  escreveu na mensagem
> > You have to set up daylight saving and time zone on each client, so they
> > will know how to interpret the UTC.

The NTP time is a binary number that is always referenced to UTC.
So it knows nothing about timezone offsets.  The latter is really a
"cosmetic" display & entry option when the binary time is expressed
in ASCII for us humans.  So there is no real time value change due to
DST; the internal value doesn't change at all.  Only the entry and display
offsets get changed.  This is how Unix has worked for years.

You can choose to have your devices display time any way you like.
If you do nothing, they will display time as UTC.  If you want them
to reflect the local timezone, you must tell them what zone they live in.

- Marty