Hi Priscilla

Unfortunately, I'm not in the Office right now. So I've just got the
following information at the moment:

IOS (tm) 7200 Software (C7200-IS-M), Version 12.2(10a), RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc1)
cisco 7204VXR (NPE400) processor (revision A) with 114688K/16384K bytes of
memory

interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address 10.241.207.197 255.255.255.240
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp
 duplex full
 speed 100
 ntp disable
 standby 1 ip 10.241.207.196
 standby 1 preempt
 standby 1 track ATM2/0.2010

arp 10.241.207.193 0100.5e7c.0006 ARPA

Otherwise, there's no special configuration.

The static arp entry is needed for the stonebeat solution. As you see, it's
just at Layer2 a multicast. At Layer 3 there's just Unicast. I know it
sounds silly, but that's the way stonebeat implements its cluster solution.

The interesting thing is, that in the LAN I have two other 7200 Routers with
the same config but with NPE 300 Processor board and IOS 12.2(4).
Those 2 Routers don't replicate the traffic.

The same behaviour has been reported by others as well. If you do a search
for 'stonebeat' or 'multicast storm' on Cisco's 'Networking Professionals
Connection' you can find those. It seems to be a general problem with some
Cisco routers, not a Configuration Problem. That's why I was looking for a
'filter-solution.

Regards
Lars Bucher

""Priscilla Oppenheimer""  schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Bucher Lars wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to configure an input-access-list on 7204 Routers
> > (IOS 12.2(10)),
> > which should filter on the destination (!) MAC-address but
> > can't get it
> > work. Is this even possible?
> >
> > The router should ignore all traffic with a destination-MAC
> > (multicast) of
> > 0100.5e7c.0006 and accept all other traffic. In my setup, this
> > address is
> > used with Firewalls in a Stonebeat cluster.
> >
> > Without filter my routers, by mistake, listen to this traffic,
> > replicate it
> > and send it out again which causes multicast-storms.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to figure out why the router is doing this?
Normally,