You'll have to pardon a moment of nostalgia, but the first question I ever
asked on groupstudy was about applying a MAC filter to a router. (sniff sniff)

To apply a MAC ACL to an interface, you have to set it up to bridge, and
since you're routing you need to run IRB. Not that it was meant for such a
purpose, but I've had much better results using CAR on a router to filter by
MAC address rather than applying an access list. It's much simpler to just
use the rate-limit command, imo.

It sounds like the router is behaving normally for a router that has
multicast members located on an interface. If the switches are causing a
broadcast storm, that's a separate issue that should be addressed; the
default behavior of most switches is to flood multicasts out all ports. To
control that you need to enable either CGMP or IGMP snooping on the
appropriate switch ports.

hth,
Hal