From: Kim O'Connor [mailto:koconnor15@;cox.net]
Sent: Thursday, 14 November 2002 12:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MLS Question [7:57406]

I have a question about MLS.  I am reading Webb's BCMSN book, and I have

come across a statement that does not make any sense to me.  On page
234, in the first paragraph, it reads:

MLS-SE supports only one flow mask for all MLS-RPs that are serviced by
the MLS-SE.  If the MLS-SE detects different flow masks from different
MLS-RPs for which the MLS-SE is performing Layer 3 switching, the MLS-SE

changes its flow mask to the most specific flow detected. However, if a
more specific flow mask is in effect, a less specific flow mask is
applied.

It is the last  2 sentences that I am having a problem with.  It seems
to say that chooses the more specific flow mask and then in the next
sentence seems to contradict that information.  Can some one clear this
up for me?

TIA,

Kim O'Connor, CCNA