Hi all,

I have a few questions in regards to spanning tree:

1. during the root port election, if there are multiple ports having the
same root path cost, what would be the rest election criterias? Would it
be the same as designated port?

2. In CAT5500 with dual supervisor, which mac address will be used for
bridge id? I will think the active supervisor. What happen if the sup
switchover, will the bridge id change accordingly? What command can i
use to check the bridge id, root bridge id, etc in Catalyst?

3. In the configuration BPDU, dose the port id field mean the port id
for root port?

4. Does anyone know how cisco interoperate with Alteon using STP? Is
there a URL i can check out with?

Thanks in advance.

Paul