You have to erase Read Only (run from FLASH) IOS in boot mode. Also- you
want to make sure you have the 11.0 boot ROMs.

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Kenneth Yeung
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 12:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: C2503 Flash upgrade [7:57570]

Folks,
I have a router with one 8M flash (Right now, it is running a flash with
7M
in the single flash.

And i plan to add an additional 8M flash into the spare slot.

After rebooting the router, i saw 16M Flash in place.

But I can't put in a larger flash: c2500-js-l.121-9.bin (14M) by "copy
tftp
flash" -- It show the exisit space is not enough for the new image.

I have tried to erase flash but flash is of "read only"